Rider first edition, which battery please ?

I have a TT Rider first edition, and its been opened before, by someone else.
I think the battery which is fitted,is the wrong one.
Can anyone clarify which battery should be fiited please ?

Welcome to the forum. Because you don't show where you are from, I would suggest you just type in "TomTom Rider battery" into your favourite search engine.

There are loads of places on line to buy that battery.

The battery is a Samsung icr18650-22 with a 3 wire connector on it, but of course other battery manufacturers will have their own pt #.

example:

Dantona Battery for TomTom V3 PDA-192LI

Cheers

Thankyou for your response,yes thats the the battery thats in it,but it doesnt fitt correctly with the case.
I have now fitted the same voltage battery but higher mili amps.Its long andround and fits properly.
I have carged and used it and all is working correctly.
Not sure on the higher amps,hopefully it will be ok ?

The battery is a Samsung icr18650-22 with a 3 wire connector on it, but of course other battery manufacturers will have their own pt #.

example:

Dantona Battery for TomTom V3 PDA-192LI

Cheers

I have the same question as the original poster, which battery for the Rider 1? I've gone to several web sites that claim to sell batteries for the Rider 1, and some show a flat battery and some show a round one. Also, when I looked at the specs for the Samsung listed in the quote, it's round, but the link in the quoted post shows a flat one.

Also, do you need a special type of torx driver to open the case?

Any help would be appreciated

Hey rcacs, can you tell me the sizes of the screws on the back of the Rider V1 unit? I need to change my battery too.

Thanks

See my reply to your same question in the other thread. Not too good asking the same question in more than one location.

Well, I have some more info on battery type. The folks at Battery Ship told me that some Rider V1's take a flat battery, and some take a cylindrical one. And both are listed on their web site for the Rider 1. They said you just have to open the unit and see, unfortunately. Anyway, like HUT1, mine takes the cylindrical one.

Also, the 4 security screws that must be removed are 2mm security hex screws. The other 2 are T6 Torx.

Thanks all.

Ask a Question