Rider auto turn on feature

Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic turn on feature in the Tom Tom R2. While the unit is in the car mount it turns on automatically when the key is turned on but it doesn't turn off when the key is turned off. If you forget to turn the unit off manually it could run the battery down. One of the four contacts in the back probably controls this feature but I am not sure which one. I know the 2nd contact from the left on the back side of the TTR2 controls the safety feature but I am not sure about the automatic turn on feature. Any suggestions???

Does anyone know how to turn off the automatic turn on feature in the Tom Tom R2. While the unit is in the car mount it turns on automatically when the key is turned on but it doesn't turn off when the key is turned off. If you forget to turn the unit off manually it could run the battery down. One of the four contacts in the back probably controls this feature but I am not sure which one. I know the 2nd contact from the left on the back side of the TTR2 controls the safety feature but I am not sure about the automatic turn on feature. Any suggestions???

This actually is a feature that is built in since version 6.x. Before this, in version 5.x that my Rider I came with, the mount problems caused the device to switch off during your ride when losing the contact for a short moment. Obviously they kept this behaviour also for the Rider 2.
I appreciate this new behaviour, because I can turn off my ignition and though get off my bike and look at the Rider for the next part of the tour. But a configurable switch in the preferences would certainly be the better way.

Ask a Question