Rider 2 shutting down

Hi - I have a Rider 2 mounted on my BMW Boxer motorcycle. I have it set to switch off when the power is turned off but it is frequently going into power down mode whilst I am riding the bike. It counts down three or four seconds then goes back to normal. Any idea where the 'break' is likely to be. The power is hard wired onto the bikes pilot light and the connections there are good.
I also use the device in my car where it works fine.
Eddie B

Could be an issue between the dock and unit.

Hi - I have a Rider 2 mounted on my BMW Boxer motorcycle. I have it set to switch off when the power is turned off but it is frequently going into power down mode whilst I am riding the bike. It counts down three or four seconds then goes back to normal. Any idea where the 'break' is likely to be. The power is hard wired onto the bikes pilot light and the connections there are good.
I also use the device in my car where it works fine.
Eddie B

Because my Rider is used on my bike, I constantly remove it to avoid theft. However I have had a similar problem, which I think is a worn usb at the bottom of the rider. Try moving it a little while plugged in and see if it cuts in and out. not sure what to do about it yet in my case at least. Curious that it works on your car though?

The bike has been off the road since November and in the meantime I replaced the power lead with a spare one I had. I took the bike out yesterday - rode 40 miles - it switched itself off on a couple of occasions for two or three seconds then came back so can't blame the original power supply lead. I took the satnav off the bike at my destination, then put it back to return home. It was switching itself on and off almost from the word go - fortunately I didn't need it - I was just interested in seeing if it works ok which it obviously doesn't!
The fault must be the connection between the head and the docking station. I have a second station on another bike so will swap them over to see what happens. I don't fancy having to buy a new station which seem to be going for £50 or more!

Ask a Question