Retrieving historical data

I have a TomTom One 3rd. I am being challenged by someone that I was speeding when during an accident. However I had a route plotted on the TT and it is still listed under previous routes. Is there any way I can pull any info of my TT to show in fact that I was not speeding / time and date so I can prove that was the other dude?

Unfortunately, no.

That is not possible I am afraid. It does not record your journey in any way, so there is no way to show (after the fact) what speed you were doing.

Besides, even if it was possible, such data could be tampered with. It would be no more reliable/believable than if you wrote down the speed you were doing on a piece of paper. Any sane judge would give that as much credit, i.e.: none.

However, there may be other ways. Police frequently determine the speed you were traveling by examining skid marks and impact damage. Also, I know that some cars have a 'blackbox' data recorder that records a variety of information that is retrievable after an accident. You would have to check with your car manufacturer.

If you have driven the car after the crash, you will not get data from the "black box" in your car. That data is difficult to retrieve.

That is not possible I am afraid. It does not record your journey in any way, so there is no way to show (after the fact) what speed you were doing.
I know this is after the fact but for the future it appears that
Tripmaster would be able to do that.
Have a look in the Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is ready.
There is a reference to a step-by-step instruction
how to get it working with V7 and V8 systems.
I may try it next weekend. As runarg there says, data is logged every
15 seconds and he could relive his trip with Google Earth once home again.

I know this is after the fact but for the future it appears that
Tripmaster would be able to do that.
Have a look in the Tripmaster V2.0 Beta is ready.
There is a reference to a step-by-step instruction
how to get it working with V7 and V8 systems.
I may try it next weekend. As runarg there says, data is logged every
15 seconds and he could relive his trip with Google Earth once home again.
I think that runarg would be able to retrieve his route, because Tripmaster leaves a breadcrumb trail, but I don't think you would be able to retrieve realtime speed data.

I think that runarg would be able to retrieve his route, because Tripmaster leaves a breadcrumb trail, but I don't think you would be able to retrieve realtime speed data.
I presumed that this would be a function of the 15 second interval data points.

I won't ask him until I set it up. Be my guest, fire at will, ask him.

Ask a Question