Restoring Previously activated maps

I have a tomtom one 3rd edition which came with UK and ROI maps already installed on it. Yesterday I brought and downloaded France maps but something went wrong with my tomtom. Anyway to fix it I had to format it and start over again. I lost all my maps when I formatted. I managed to put the France maps on as it was still saved on my computer. This all works fine but I have lost my UK and ROI maps as these were not on my computer but came with the device. I no longer have the packaging or product code for my tomtom. Is there any way of finding out my activation code for these maps just from my device code so I can download the map that was once activated on my tomtom. I have device code AKWAJ ASFQ2 and serial no Y74428C01361 but no Product code or activation code.
Can anyone help?

Did you ever use TomTom Home to update the old UK&ROI map using the PC and also when you installed the French map didn't Home save a copy of the UK map first prior to deleting it (it should have done).

Use Windows Explorer to have a dig around in the following folder on your PC:

Documents/ TomTom/ Home/ Download/ Complete/ Map

Also check:

Documents/ TomTom/ Home/ From Device

See if you can spot anything with UK&ROI in the file or folder name - Mike

No I never updated the UK & ROI maps and stupidly never backed them up on my computer before I had to format my tomtom, I have searched in all tomtom folders on my computer but no sign of UK & ROI maps just the France one.

Call UK support and a sympathetic person just might re-add the UK map to your account.

Worth a shot.

You can try giving TomTom a ring on Monday (0845 161 0009) and explain the situation - if lucky they might add an old version UK&ROI map to your account which Home can download/ install, if they won't play ball you will have to purchase a new map for the device - nothing lost in trying the phone call option first IMHO - Mike

Yeah that was going to be my next step. Have to wait till monday though as the office is closed as weekends. Hopefully they will sort it out for me.
Thankyou for your responses

Just thought i'd update this thread. I phoned uk support first thing this morning. They said they shouldn't really give me the maps as I was outside my warranty but as it was monday morning and he had a good weekend he said he would do it for me. So my tom tom is all up and running again!

Ask a Question