Reset and QuickFix lto.dat deletion

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL-S
I had noticed that, once in a while, my QuickFix lto.dat file was suddenly missing from the ephem folder. Recently, it had not happened but did happen last night after needing to use ?reset?. Is this problem related to a specific NavCore version or is this the way it is intended?

With lto.dat missing, it did take a little while to get a gps lock. I had backed up my lto.dat file after the QuickFix update and reinstalled it in the TT ephem folder. I then checked the time to get a lock and it was quite faster with more satellites involved. That was done in exactly the same location: in my backyard beside my parked car watching the gps satellite details screen.

I had noticed that, once in a while, my QuickFix lto.dat file was suddenly missing from the ephem folder. Recently, it had not happened but did happen last night after needing to use ?reset?. Is this problem related to a specific NavCore version or is this the way it is intended?

With lto.dat missing, it did take a little while to get a gps lock. I had backed up my lto.dat file after the QuickFix update and reinstalled it in the TT ephem folder. I then checked the time to get a lock and it was quite faster with more satellites involved. That was done in exactly the same location: in my backyard beside my parked car watching the gps satellite details screen.

I had noticed this for several months with my TomTom ONE LE.... Not sure what the cause was, but I can also tell you this: without that file, you'll never get prompted in TomTom HOME for QuickFIX updates!

I got around this the same way you did...keeping a backup of the file and whenever I noticed it missing on the TomTom,I would take an old Ito.dat file and copy it over........after that, I would connect to TomTom HOME and it would prompt me for the download of a later QuickFix.

I have NEVER had this problem on my Go 920....I've had about 3 or more QuickFix downloads per week over the past couple of months....

I believe that TomTom should be made aware of this because I suspect it is either a firmware issue or yet one more issue with TomTom HOME when you have the unit connected.

Birdman, are you saying you won't get prompted for a gpsfix on the TT One LE or all models without the ito.dat file present?

I'm asking because I don't have the file but just did get the offer (and acceptance) of a file for my 720.

Birdman, are you saying you won't get prompted for a gpsfix on the TT One LE or all models without the ito.dat file present?

I'm asking because I don't have the file but just did get the offer (and acceptance) of a file for my 720.

Very interesting......I assumed it was associated with a missing ido.dat file because on my ONE LE this was the only time I did NOT get prompted for an update.

Maybe it really IS completely related to my old ONE and this missing file.....

After reading this post I checked my One 3rd edition and sure enough there
was no ito.dat. I had a back up and dragged it back in there and I started updating again.. I have noticed I havent been getting my updates!

thanks!:p

For about the last 4 months, I update the QuickFix and MapShare, thru Home, on a weekly basis and routinely backup the MapShare files and the 3 ephemeris files on my HD. I don't use reset too often (about once a month) so I did not notice the behavior quickly. I know I deleted the whole download ephemeris folder content a few times and that seemed to be the solution to get an updated QuickFix. At times, I would download the QuickFix cab file without using Home as it seemed faster but meant no MapShare updates...

In fact, not a chance, Gilbert. Not only would it cost me over $100 when I paid that for the 8.10 in September BUT

A call to TT Support confirms (so they say, anyway) that ALG is NOT included for Canada in 8.15, either!

Nope....if and when I get a new map, it has to have that and Reality view, even if I never use the bloody things! :eek:

Principle, you know...............

In fact, not a chance, Gilbert. Not only would it cost me over $100 when I paid that for the 8.10 in September BUT

A call to TT Support confirms (so they say, anyway) that ALG is NOT included for Canada in 8.15, either!

Nope....if and when I get a new map, it has to have that and Reality view, even if I never use the bloody things! :eek:

Principle, you know...............

Or just common sense!;) What I wonder about the v8.15 is how much 7/24 data it contains for Canada or even the USA vs v8.10? Have yet to hear about this aspect of it. I'm wary of the hype. In my mind putting that data would mean a sizeable size increase and even considering a compression increase, the new sizes don't convince me yet. I'm also thinking of RAR and its varying compression levels and efficiency, there does not seem much left sw wise to reduce size while remaining lossless.

Just purchased a new 8GB PNY SDHC card for 20$CDN at BestBuy last Saturday. I now wonder how long TT will take to announce new models with increased internal memory sizes?

Ask a Question