Request - 98 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 550
Hello all,
I am new to the forums here so I'm not sure how this works - are there people who just make icons upon request? If so, that's wonderful and I would like to make a request for a Silver 98 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon. I've attached a few photos from the web if that helps.

Thanks!

Attachments

• '00-'02_Subaru_Legacy_GT_Wagon.jpg
    '00-'02_Subaru_Legacy_GT_Wagon.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,451
  • '03-'04_Subaru_Legacy_2.5GT_Wagon_(Rear).jpg
    '03-'04_Subaru_Legacy_2.5GT_Wagon_(Rear).jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,617
  • subaru-legacy-wagon-1998_7822.jpg
    subaru-legacy-wagon-1998_7822.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 3,583
I had to go looking for a 98 Legacy picture taken directly from behind as the ones you provided wouldn't look right as a car icon.

Anyway, hope this works for you.

Edited image for 3rd time (3rd time's a charm). See attached.

Last edited:
The red box becomes transparent once you install the icon on your unit. All car icons need to have red surrounding the image (color = 255 I think it is). Look as some of the others below this thread and you'll see what I mean.

<edit>
I redid the image from scratch. See attached image in my first post above labeled, "Legacy GT.bmp"

Last edited:
Thanks again Rick.
The red box actually does show up on the device while navigating, not just when the file is opened on a PC. The strange thing is that a different custom icon I d/l through TT Home has a red box around it when the file is opened on the PC but it disappears on the device - it seems like yours would do the same but it doesn't.

Paul,

After installing the car icon to my TomTom I saw that it wasn't right. There was some red color surrounding the car. Not sure what happened, but I think what I did was paint the red (255) BEFORE I reduced the image down to 80 x 80. Sometimes when I do that, the color gets shifted. Anyway, I redid the red paint... installed on my TT to check it out, and it is ok.

See my first post above for the fixed car icon, or... I've attached here again.

Sorry for the delay. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Paul,

After installing the car icon to my TomTom I saw that it wasn't right. There was some red color surrounding the car. Not sure what happened, but I think what I did was paint the red (255) BEFORE I reduced the image down to 80 x 80. Sometimes when I do that, the color gets shifted. Anyway, I redid the red paint... installed on my TT to check it out, and it is ok.

See my first post above for the fixed car icon, or... I've attached here again.

Sorry for the delay. :rolleyes:

It will also do that if you cahnge the file format (jpg-bmp) if you convert after doing the red background. Found that out for myself.

Ask a Question