Reporting Missing Roads

TomTom Model(s)
One Regional
How do I report a map error where a road from A to B is shown on the map as going a few miles from A and then ending in a dead-end and a few hundred yards further on the road appears again on the map continuing to B. I have at least 2 instances of this problem for roads around here in Cork City, Ireland.

This means if I am on the road out of A and try to navigate to an address in B, my TomTom will tell me to turn around and find an alternative route.

Reporting Missing Estates

There is a small town just east of Cork City, Ireland, called Passage West. There are quite a number of "new" housing estates in this town which do not appear on my TomTom map. Not even the new roads for this estates appear. I know they exist. My parents lived in one of these "new" estates 30 years ago !!!

Report the map update to teleatlas.com.

If it's already fixed there, then it will be on a tomtom map within 6 months. Post the location and we someone on the forum may be able to check a recent map to see if its present. This is a North America forum so you may also want to check out some european forums as they're more likely to have an Ireland map.

It teleatlas.com doesn't have it, report it to teleatlas.com, and report it via mapshare "add a road". This won't create a realtime fix, but will alert tomtom to send a truck to map it in the future. Also, turn on "submit anonymous data" and drive it. Tomtom prioritizes its road updates about 50% by the submitted corrections, and 50% via anonymous data that isn't on their maps.

Same as your other post:

If it's already fixed there, then it will be on a tomtom map within 6 months. Post the location and we someone on the forum may be able to check a recent map to see if its present. This is a North America forum so you may also want to check out some european forums as they're more likely to have an Ireland map.

It teleatlas.com doesn't have it, report it to teleatlas.com, and report it via mapshare "add a road". This won't create a realtime fix, but will alert tomtom to send a truck to map it in the future. Also, turn on "submit anonymous data" and drive it. Tomtom prioritizes its road updates about 50% by the submitted corrections, and 50% via anonymous data that isn't on their maps.

One problem with these "new" maps is finding new streeets and developments. Another problem I have noticed is that streets are reported to exist when in fact they don't One street I found had a dead end. You could tell that at one point it did extend further but is now overgrown and wooded. I have reported at least two of these incidents trought MapShare. Thank God it wasn't a dark and rainy night because one particular street was not well lit.

Thanks MVL. Which forum(s) do you recommend?
Also, there does not seem to be a way either with TomTom Map Errors or TeleAtlas to report the kind of error I have found.

I'd let others recommend a European forum. I'm not very familiar with them.

For this error, you can submit "add a missing street". I'm not sure the specific error submitted is that important, tomtom/teleatlas just looks for multiple users submitting errors in the same place, and then will research/validate the specific error themselves.

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I turn on "submit anonymous data"? I have a TomTom ONE.
Also I seem to remember with a previous version of the TomTom application if I tried to add a new road, it asked me for the start point and then allowed me to drive it to the end point.
I cannot seem to find that facility with the latest software.

Submit Anonymous Data is set in Home's menu options. Is it Preferences? It is somewhere, sorry.

The addition of a road can only be reported to TT; phsical changes cannot be accomplished via mapshare. So, the reporting of the new road would be on page 2 of mapshare changes-->Report other error --Add road (I think:eek:)

As an addendum to this discussion, I logged into the both the Teleatlas and Navteq map feedback sites.
Teleatlas, since it is the one used in my TomTom, also has the roads missing but their feedback system is not sophisticated enough to allow me to report the error - I get "Our automated processes have determined that there is sufficient information in your report for us to examine and work the issue."

The Navteq maps DO include both the roads I have been talking about.

As an addendum to this discussion, I logged into the both the Teleatlas and Navteq map feedback sites.
Teleatlas, since it is the one used in my TomTom, also has the roads missing but their feedback system is not sophisticated enough to allow me to report the error - I get "Our automated processes have determined that there is sufficient information in your report for us to examine and work the issue."

The Navteq maps DO include both the roads I have been talking about.
I'm wondering what kind of error situation you got into there. I've reported missing roads several times, not received an error when doing so on the TeleAtlas site, and using the email link they've sent, have seen them working on each one. I'll grant that their system for reporting missing roads isn't 100% intuitive, but have had no problems with it here.

I go on to the Teleatlas MapInsight page, Select English then Ireland. I zoom in on the area near Cork City I want to report the error for. I enter the the street (Maryborough Hill) and the City (Cork) and go to step 2 to Add A Street Or Map Feature. I select street and this is where my difficulties. I enter Maryborough Hill again as the street and under additional remarks I enter "This road continues to rejoin the N28 at
Hilltown" and submit the report. I am not sure what else I should be doing.
In this case the response was:-
Report Status
Your report either lacked necessary data or described an imprecise geographic location such that we cannot be sure that we have resolved the problem. Please consider submitting another report with more complete and precise information. When I retried, telling them I did not know how to give them better data with the limitations of their Map Insight system, I got the same response.

The "Our automated processes have determined that there is sufficient information in your report for us to examine and work the issue" response came when I tried to report a roundabout (rotary)that never actually existed.

Maybe I am just being a thicko, but could somebody describe in detail how I can report these errors, either to TomTom or Teleatlas

Fill in every field, even if redundant. Teleatlas's submission engine requires most of them to be completed.

Again, the most important thing is that the green pushpin is on the correct spot. Teleatlas prioritizes its research where the most pushpins are.

I have also checked the area of the missing roads in Google Earth. Since they obviously use the Teleatlas data, their road overlays match those on my TT, yet the aerial photographs clearly show the roads concerned !!!

Ask a Question