Replacing 910 Hard drive

I am new to forums so please forgive me if I have not posted this in the right place.
I have a second hand TT Go 910 and recently the hard drive died. I have replaced it but do not have the necessary software which was on the old drive. I cannot access anything on the old drive as it seems to have suffered fatal damage when it was accidentally dropped. I do not know how much of the operating system is on flash memory and how much is normally on the HD.
I live in UK so I am only requiring the necessary to run UK maps. Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks
Tony

If you have a backup of what was on the old hard drive, you should be ok. Really, what you need is the map folder. The application itself can be downloaded for free from TomTom's site. But, if you don't have the map folder backed up, or a way to retrieve it from the faulty hd, you'll have to pay to get a new map.

Tony, the 910 is a rather special "beast" to recover as not many of the files required are available for download from the servers at TomTom, mp3 player and particularly the Loquendo Text To Speech files which take up around 4GB of the available storage space!

If you are happy to pay for a new map and download/ install it, should you need the files I mentioned above let me know via PM with an address and I will put a DVD in the post with them on - No map as thats licensed but the other stuff will only work on a 910 and I still have a full copy of all the data needed on the PC even though my 910 got fried! - Mike

Ask a Question