replacing 730

Hello, I am having trouble finding a model that does live traffic with Bluetooth headset facility. Also a universal connector like a micro usb or similar, would make it more portable without a great plug or dock like the 750 which is also feeling its age. Any ideas here?

Sorry, I thought you meant bluetooth phone support (act as a headset for a phone). No, if you want ability to play instructions over bluetooth there is no Tomtom since the GO x40 series that supports that.

One option is to get an Android tablet/phone and add the TT for Android app. That would do everything you listed.

..... if you want ability to play instructions over bluetooth there is no Tomtom since the GO x40 series that supports that.

Correction: The TomTom GO950 also allows the instructions to be relayed via Bluetooth (A2DP HiFi protocol).
I can't confirm for sure whether the GO550 and 750 can also do it or not, but your own spreadsheet suggests they can :).

Correction: The TomTom GO950 also allows the instructions to be relayed via Bluetooth (A2DP HiFi protocol).
I can't confirm for sure whether the GO550 and 750 can also do it or not, but your own spreadsheet suggests they can :).
Thanks, yes they do but they have that great connector to contend with.

The 740 also has the large connector and special dock, but would support your A2DP BT headset connection. The x30 models used the simple USB Mini-B style connector.

Since you're after the A2DP, can we assume you're wanting this for motorcycle use?

The 740 also has the large connector and special dock, but would support your A2DP BT headset connection. The x30 models used the simple USB Mini-B style connector.

Since you're after the A2DP, can we assume you're wanting this for motorcycle use?

Quite right! I like the Live Traffic and camera updates on the Go and Via. I think the TomTom Bike is a poor relation, why cant it be a Bike "Go or Via" !! After all you pay a fortune for them.

True enough. I'm surprised there haven't been a lot more bike commuters that haven't pushed them into the hybrid model. Guess they see bikers as pleasure riders in the countryside.

Ask a Question