Replacement Battery TomTom 4N00.005 (ONE LE, NEW EDITION, V4)

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 2nd Edition - 1GB
Contacted TomTom for a replacement battery for my unit (above) which has never worked right. No joy. Not available.

Got on eBay and found a fellow in HONG KONG selling the extended battery for the above unit for US$10.99 plus $6.75 shipping. It arrived two days later with signature required!

I was really worried that I had just blown $20 but lo and behold, it fit perfectly and plugged right in. Charged it up with a USB standard charger 5VDC@2Amps for 4 hours and voila! Presto Gizmo! Now getting over 3 hours of use before the low battery indicator even begins flashing.... at which point we recharged it rather than letting it go completely dead... my guess is 3.5 hours total usable time.

Here's the seller's name: megacapacity
Here's the item number: 370144861641

I see others selling the same battery on eBay for around ten bucks as well and also located in Hong Kong. So guys if you need a battery don't just toss your TomTom ONE V4 in the trash as some would have you do. It's a great portable/mobile (and we have a pile of GPS' here including the one's built right into the Ford Flex's that we just got). We use it for cycling, walking, visiting large malls and getting lost, and a bazillion other things that a shirtpocket sized GPS can do for you. It is great.

And if you are out for a new GPS I would highly recommend this inexpensive TOMTOM to your consideration. We travel a whole LOT here! And it is just about as good as anything else in our arsenal; it comes up fast as can be; is sensitive as heck (I can get a solid sat lock sitting near a window) and so on.

Your hint from Toronto for tonight. Good luck.

Ask a Question