Repeat voice instruction

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 540TM Navigon 7200T
If I downloaded Trapster and set up a verbal alert (ex: speed trap ahead), can I somehow repeat the message like I can an approaching turn message?

If I downloaded Trapster and set up a verbal alert (ex: speed trap ahead), can I somehow repeat the message like I can an approaching turn message?
If I understand trapster support for the TomTom correctly, it just a POI file (in *.ov2 format) that you install into your map file.

I do not know a way of repeating a warning for a POI once it has already been given by the unit.

Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I thought but wanted to have an expert reassure me (to my dismay). keep up the great work. I check this forum daily for new ideas and pointers.

Seems to me that there is a setting for computer voices to announce poi warnings. If so, when in the driving screen, tapping the bottom left of the status bar causes the voice to repeat the last instruction.

Maybe the combination of the 2 will work.

(if I'm right about the poi warning getting spoken ............ wouldn't bet the farm on my memory :eek: )

Something just occurred to me. If you load the Trapster POI file to your map folder twice, the second instance under a different name (like trapster2.ov2 or somesuch), and set up a warning for both, you'll hear it twice back to back just as if you had two different POIs set for warnings and a set of them occurred right together. Would that help?

Thank you TT experts for your ideas. I'll certainly try it if the other idea I had doesn't work. I checked off custom verbal warning and set it to say the warning twice....such as, "Speed trap speed trap". I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I thank you both for backup ideas. I think one of them should do fine.
Also, I'm going on a trip soon and downloaded Trapster again for their most recent updates to the speed traps/cameras. It seems you keep the Tom Tom POI with the same names, but it wipes out the prior custom verbal warnings in those POI, so it has to be reentered each time (not a biggie).

Ask a Question