renew RDS-TMC subscription

My TomTom 130 informed me a few days ago that my traffic subscription will expire in days and that I need to go to TomTom Home to renew it. I use an RDS-TMC antenna and the service has been working very well for me.

I'm puzzled how to renew it. How much will it cost (I'm in U.S.)? I see new RDS-TMC antenna offered in TomTom store with 1 year subscription for just under $60.00.

I can get my computer (running Mac OS X) to 'see' the TT 130 if I plug the USB directly between the TT device and the computer, but then it doesn't know anything about the RDS-TMC antenna. When I plug the antenna into the TT device, then the USB cable between the antenna and the computer, the computer can't see it.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I would appreciate someone explaining how its done.

Thank you very much.

What it does is that after you purchased the renewal, it will download a file onto your TomTom
The next time you plug it into your antenna, and the current traffic subscription is expire, it will load the file(I believe) into the antenna and thus renew the service

One thing, after you purchase the update, everytime you connect your tomtom to the computer, if the current traffic subscription is still active(not expire), it will keep on downloading the renew file onto your tomtom. So when you see that happen, don't worry

Ask a Question