Remove maps from 920 for room

TomTom Model(s)
Go920
:confused:
Curious...is is safe to remove some of the maps (like Guam and/or Europe) from my 920 to free up some flash for some of my own files?
Of course, I'd copy them somewhere on my computer first.
Steve

You should be fine. I had to remove the maps before upgrading to the 7.15. It's a good idea to make a separate backup on your computer (not through tomtom home).

Just to add to the reply - use Windows Explorer (or mac equal) but make sure that you show ALL files including Hidden and ReadOnly files before making the copy so that EVERYTHING is copied.

The other solution is to buy an SD card (at least 2 GB, but I bought 4 and I've heard of others going for even more) and insert it into the slot and then you'll have enough room for all (after you move the Europe map over to the card at least). It causes some kludginess, but it's better than not having Europe on your machine (which is one of the reasons I bought the thing in the first place!).

I hope they put the new 930's out with at least 8 GB, since 4 was woefully underpowered for this much stuff.

mff

:confused:
Curious...is is safe to remove some of the maps (like Guam and/or Europe) from my 920 to free up some flash for some of my own files?
Of course, I'd copy them somewhere on my computer first.
Steve

Seve,

Yes, you can. You can use any compression software ( such as Winzip, Winrar, and etc ) to compress the files are in Western Europe, and Guam folders. Then you can store information any where you like. You'll need at least 2 GB, since compression software only compress the data to about 2 %.

hope it helps

Ask a Question