Remote doesn't switch on

S

sidewinder

I have a TomTom Go 720 and I recently bought a remote for it. I installed new batteries and pressed a button. I saw the blue light blink once and then it was gone.
I tried different pairs of batteries and it didn't make a difference. Is there something else I have to do?

Bluetooth is switched on and I don't have a phone connected to my TT....

Yes I've tried the paperclip reset, it didn't make a difference. I've also tried another TomTom 630, it didn't work with that one either. It must be an issue with the remote....

If you just got it recently, can you ask TomTom or the store to replace it?

Mine had been flakey from day one. That blue light would be on, blinking and the next day the battery was flat.
I switched to rechargeable AAAs but they also would die within a couple of days.
I still use them but I leave the back cover off and as soon as I am finished using the remote I pop out the batteries. Only need to exchange them about once a month.
Except for trips I do not need the remote much as I have lots of POIs in custom POI categories and most local trips are gotten to via Recent destinations (local use because of hands free blue tooth answering of incoming calls).

I'm having the same problem, I got a blue light when I pressed a button but it went out, there is nowhere on the remote to reset.
I used brand new batteries straight away

It's the Carminat remote, Arno. Not the same as for the 7xx/9xx models.

Of course it would have been nice to know in the first place.

Know nothing about Renault (well, I did have a 1960 Caravelle, Floride in France, with hard and soft top.)

All bets are off.

I do know that they're still readily available for about $10. I pointed someone to one recently on eBay.

Ask a Question