Reinstalling Map from old Computer

TomTom Model(s)
AVN 2210
I think I may have found a solution to my TT avn2210 (eclipse) issues (to make a long story short won't download the map; internal server error 500; from TTH). Last night out of frustation I got my old PC out of the closet to see if my TT might have produced a back up. Sure enough when exploring through the TT folders on the c: drive I found a USA and Canada folder over 890MBs large. Based on the fact that this was the folder TT support had me delete on my new computer, I assume that this is the folder with the MAP I need. I tried to just copy that folder into the main SD card folder unsuccessfully this AM (gave me a cyclic redudency error) so I'm thinking its a bit more difficult to do than that. My next idea is to reformat the SD card and just reinstall everything from my old computer (ithink its TTH 2.1). Should I even attempt to update the TT after that? Any other course of action I should do instaed? Should copying the USA Canada folder not have worked?

I think I may have found a solution to my TT avn2210 (eclipse) issues (to make a long story short won't download the map; internal server error 500; from TTH). Last night out of frustation I got my old PC out of the closet to see if my TT might have produced a back up. Sure enough when exploring through the TT folders on the c: drive I found a USA and Canada folder over 890MBs large. Based on the fact that this was the folder TT support had me delete on my new computer, I assume that this is the folder with the MAP I need. I tried to just copy that folder into the main SD card folder unsuccessfully this AM (gave me a cyclic redudency error) so I'm thinking its a bit more difficult to do than that. My next idea is to reformat the SD card and just reinstall everything from my old computer (ithink its TTH 2.1). Should I even attempt to update the TT after that? Any other course of action I should do instaed? Should copying the USA Canada folder not have worked?

What map version and application do you have. Have you downloaded this map to this particular tomtom unit. because a map is only specific to ONE tomtom.. I am sure other people on this forum can help you a little more then me.for this problem. Anyway good luck

First, try a manual install of your new map.

On your new computer - go to mydocuments\tomtom\home\download\complete\map

Do you see a folder there? If so, open it, and unzip the huge zip file onto the Tomtom SD card. Put it in a folder with the same name as the zip file (eg: USA_and_Canada). After that open the activationxxxxx.cab file with winrar, and put its contens in the same newly created spot on the sd.

Ask a Question