Regional maps any better?

TomTom Model(s)
ONE XL S
I have a TT1 XLS and live in the US. Since the NA maps are no longer available for this device in the US, was wondering if the regional maps offer any more detail or other advantage over the US/Canada maps. I'm specifically wondering about the northwest US area. Thanks.

I have a TT1 XLS and live in the US. Since the NA maps are no longer available for this device in the US, was wondering if the regional maps offer any more detail or other advantage over the US/Canada maps. I'm specifically wondering about the northwest US area. Thanks.

My understanding is that regional maps are a chunk of the NA, not the USA & Canada, maps. That being the case, I would suspect you'll get greater details from the regional.

What you might consider is putting out a call for someone here who has the NA map to provide a screen capture of a specific location you have in mind and you can compare what you see with the same location on your USA & Canada map. May help you to judge.

(afraid I'm too stupid to figure out how to do the capture, letalone upload it here in a message :eek: ) but I suspect a certain somebody who hangs out here alot may help you out ....

There is no difference. Purchase of the regional will be waste of money and gives you no more detail, as it is just carved out of the larger map.

Search for screenshot in the forums. It's simply a matter of creating a folder or two, and that's it (from my memory, anyways). Then you just hit the upper left side of your screen to take a screen shot. Pretty simple and cool.

There is no difference. Purchase of the regional will be waste of money and gives you no more detail, as it is just carved out of the larger map.

WRONG!!!!

I just purchased the NE regional map, in my area It shows lakes, small dirt roads, parking lots, More POI. The US/ Canada maps does not have any of these in my area. As you can see in zip below. i say it is worth the buy.

Attachments

• Screenshots.zip
    37.5 KB · Views: 331
Your screenshots definately show more detail. I'm looking for max detail with streams, lakes, and forest service roads. Thanks

Search for screenshot in the forums. It's simply a matter of creating a folder or two, and that's it (from my memory, anyways). Then you just hit the upper left side of your screen to take a screen shot. Pretty simple and cool.

And who exactly do you think I was referring to when I told the poster 'a certain someone' would respond!:D :D

And who exactly do you think I was referring to when I told the poster 'a certain someone' would respond!:D :D
No idea... But I usually like to help people help themselves. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. But teach a man to fish, and he'll feed himself forever - and hopefully teach someone else to fish as well.

WRONG!!!!

I just purchased the NE regional map, in my area It shows lakes, small dirt roads, parking lots, More POI. The US/ Canada maps does not have any of these in my area. As you can see in zip below. i say it is worth the buy.
Just like dhn wrote earlier, Regional Maps are from the NA Maps, not from USA/CANADA. Just look at the file size difference between those two.

Ask a Question