Refurbished 740 Live map question

Got a refurbished 740 Live from Amazon on Monday, docked the unit, and it did a bunch of firmware updates, but I noticed that the map version was 850.2781. Now, I am hearing that the current map is 855.xxxx. Why didn't I get the 855 version?? Do I not get the latest map guarantee on a refurb? I got 3 months of free Live services, so why not get the maps???

Can anyone enlighten me on this??

Thanks!!!

Ken

The LMG is not offered on the refurb units. HOWEVER ... if you call tech support and speak sweetly into the ear of the person at the desk, you may be one of the lucky ones that is able to convince them to push you the latest map (855 - you're not too far out of date now). It's worth a try at any rate, and you won't be the first to succeed.

The LMG is not offered on the refurb units. HOWEVER ... if you call tech support and speak sweetly into the ear of the person at the desk, you may be one of the lucky ones that is able to convince them to push you the latest map (855 - you're not too far out of date now). It's worth a try at any rate, and you won't be the first to succeed.

I bought a 740 Live refurb around 10/14/2010, with 1 month of live services, and in TomTom home, can't remember where, exactly, there's a latest map guarantee option.

Bought mine from TomTom direct, but delivered from the Netherlands to France.

It actually worked "twice", because I did a factory reset after I'd loaded the newest map which cleared it, and I was able to "reload" the new map.

Ask a Question