Red X no SD card and wont start

Dear all,

I just got a new 720 and it worked for 2 days - Great but now

Now when I try and start it, it wont start I get a red X in the middle of the screen and the device eventually shuts it self down
I dont have an SD card installed
I have reset (just pushed the reset button is this correct?) and I still get the same error messages

Please help I have serious journey to start tomorrow and I need assistance

Thanks

IrishTed

Same thing

Dear all,

I have done a backup, however the 720 will not start I get the Red X in the middle of the boot sequence, and I dont have the option to restore

All new ideas / suggestions welcome

Thanks

Ted

According to the manual you are suppose to hold the reset button while powering up. Hope that works. I guess you can't get into the drive either when it is hooked up to a computer?

Nathan...

Reset the device, the device should turn off.
Next while the device is off, connect the 720 to the computer and then turn it on.
If the unit ask to connect to the computer click yes before it by passes that option.
If you can successfully connect to the computer then use HOME and go with the restore option.

If all fails, contact TomTom Support.
1 866 486 6866 (available 8:30AM to 7:00PM EST Mon - Fri and 9:00AM to 5:00PM EST Saturdays)

Flashing red x

I'm having the same problem, got the Go 720 yesterday and it worked fine, this morning the flashing red x showed on screen after starting the unit. I tried back up on TT home but the progress bar did not show any activity and then quickly dissapeared. I tried resetting it and had no luck.

Alex

I have no idea if this helps, but the last time I worked with TT Tech Support, they had me press the reset button on my TT GO 720 three times, for five secs each time, when the unit was switched off. No harm in giving it a try, I guess - ??.... It did seem to settle things down.

Good Luck!! The GO 720 is a great machine.

Last edited:
I'm going to return it today. I was wondering about the serial numbers and if I ended up with one of the earlier models...any way of knowing when in the production my model was made?

Ask a Question