Red X during startup then screen freezes

Last night I decided to install the demo version of MediaStudio. When attempting to copy the small .avi file to my 910 I received a message stating I needed to run a firmware update. After running the update and copying the demo movie file over I turned the device off to charge. This morning I receive a red x during the startup and cant do anything else. My question is will a reset solve this problem or is there a more serious issue I have on my hands. Thanks in advance.

Try a reset, but that generally means the unit can't find the app. You may have to do a restore. You did make a backup, right?

Thanks. I did make a backup. I am hoping its something as simple as a reset. Currently at work so I cant reset it now but its been bugging me all morning.

Let us know what happens and if a reset sorts it out. I got that red X too when I was updating my maps and loaded an empty 2g card into my unit. The X was just telling me there wasn't anything on the card the unit could read.

I had the same problem once. What worked for me was deleting the old application, and installing a new one in its place. It didn't cut it just to install an update, I had to physically delete the old application and put in a new one. Worked fine after that, though.

Ask a Question