Red light warning .. wrong way?

TomTom Model(s)
Go Live1535
I love the red light warning for TT 630 .. but noticed that one of my intersections in Langley BC going south has the camera and flash to catch you .. Tom Tom doesn't register this at all... which is fine as we all know the warning isn't available for 100% of the red light intersections ., But I had the same intersection going North 'which has no camera mounted' for Northbound ,.. yet the device "notified " me on my Tom Tom ..
how to change how to register this problem..????

I assume you are talking about TomTom's own camera warnings, rather than a third-party set of POIs?

If so I think the only way to report a change like that is to request a REMOVAL of the existing camera and then submit a fresh one.

And the only way to remove a camera is to press the report button WHILE the warning for that camera is on screen (not the safest time to do it!)

~I never said it was a good system! :p

Personally I wouldn't touch the TomTom supplied camera data with a barge-pole - far too inaccurate and out of date. I use a third-party database instead.

With those, you can add or remove them with the normal "Manage POIs" menu on the TomTom and have much more flexibility over the warning sounds or have voice warnings.

Guess I'm still trying to figure out how it all matters. So long as there's at least ONE camera indicated for the intersection, my unit always yells at me whether I'm aimed at it, away from it, or approaching from 90 degrees, so I am always provided with a warning.

~I never said it was a good system! :p

Personally I wouldn't touch the TomTom supplied camera data with a barge-pole - far too inaccurate and out of date. I use a third-party database instead.

With those, you can add or remove them with the normal "Manage POIs" menu on the TomTom and have much more flexibility over the warning sounds or have voice warnings.

I used third party data Last year and found it was only about 50% accurate .. Tom Tom is at least about 80% ... .Better ..

Ask a Question