Recorded Voice

I would like to ask a question about the ?recorded voice?. Don?t know if I would ever use it but I would like to get it working.

I went to Preferences/Voices/Record Voice and it prompts you to record 50 words/phrases. There is a forward/backward arrow that lets you move to a new phrase to record. When you select the arrow it will show and speak the next phrase to record, the record light on the screen will come on. I?m assuming the light must be on for you voice to be recorded; if you start speaking too quickly the first part will not be recorded. The first time I tried it after I spoke the first phrase when prompted, I hit ?Done? and it put back a screen and informed me I had recorded 1/50 phrases. I went back in and got to 50/50 and hit ?Done?. There is a toggle, ?enable/disable recorded voice?. I?ve toggled it to where ?disable recorded voice? is showing (I?m assuming this means recorded voice is enabled). Regardless I toggled it both ways and the voice chosen ?Dave-English US? is the one I hear. This is no big deal because I probably don?t want to hear my own voice (Birmingham, AL) but I would it bugs me not to be get it to work if possible.

Ask a Question