Reasonably cheap TomTom Poi Camera Alerts

Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend a reasonably cheap or possibly free, speed camera Poi alerts for a tomtom XL 340 , i have just purchased the new TomTom maps for $100 and i now find that they want another $50 for speed camera alerts , i just don't have the $$ to pay for it at the moment so im hoping that there might be something similar out there that will do the job.
someone recommended this to me , does anyone have any experience with it ??
http://www.australianspeedcameras.com/
cheers,
dave.

Better........ see info about their database here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=66856

plus, one of our supermods (Andy_P) is also a mod at PGPSW and can provide more info when he pops into this thread.

How do you figure that 20 Br Pounds is as expensive as 50 Oz $$$ ??

At today's rate: 20.00 GBP=32.0952 AUD

i wasn't being accurate obviously !! , i was having a guesstimate at the price conversion !!

i will definitely consider it as i drive 8-10 hours per day for work so its kinda vital to me to ensure i have this technology while im out on the road.

so besides the tomtom ones, this one is the best option ?

The Pocket GPSWorld camera database is incredibly accurate for the UK, far better than TomTom's own. BUT it depends entirely on submissions from users/members of their site, who are largely UK based.

I've no idea of how comprehensive their data for Australia is, it might be great, it might not be... and unfortunately a list of how many of each type camera they have logged is not much use unless you can also get hold of accurate figures for the total number of cameras there are in the country.

Can I suggest you post in their forum and ask if there are any Ozzie members who can give you an idea of how complete it is?

The Pocket GPSWorld camera database is incredibly accurate for the UK, far better than TomTom's own. BUT it depends entirely on submissions from users/members of their site, who are largely UK based.

I've no idea of how comprehensive their data for Australia is, it might be great, it might not be... and unfortunately a list of how many of each type camera they have logged is not much use unless you can also get hold of accurate figures for the total number of cameras there are in the country.

Can I suggest you post in their forum and ask if there are any Ozzie members who can give you an idea of how complete it is?

ok cheers, i will pop over there and see what the go is with the accuracy of the ozzie cam alerts, thanks for your help folks.!

Ask a Question