Real world diffferences between SDHC Cards?

Wasn't sure where to post this, so since I have a GO 730...

Can anyone speak to the real world differences between Class 4 and 6 SDHC cards in their TomToms? I am looking at a 16GB Kingston, and the price difference between the Class 4 & 6 is substantial ($35 vs. $89 on Newegg). If anyone has used both in their device, I'd like to hear your impressions. TIA!

I can only speak to a class 4 card (from Sandisk) and a class 6 from Transcend. I have maps on both of them for use with my 720 and don't notice a retrieval problem with the class 4.

Last edited:
I missed that (Sorry) I don't think you can go wrong with either, newegg has great customer service. I love my new card and i'm sure you will too!

Yeah, I'm just a bit leery of buying cards that have even a modest failure rate. The Transcend/Adata/Ritek cards seem to fall into that category, so I tend to stick with the brands known for their reliability. Thanks for the link, though.

I use 8GB and 16GB class 6 cards made by "Peak" in a couple of my devices never had any issues with them at all, nice and quick, I think the 8GB was around ?25 and the 16GB cost nearer ?40 but I did buy them over 12 months ago! - Mike

Have you looked at/considered the SanDisk Ultra II (class 4) or SanDisk Extreme III (class 6)? Both have good reviews on Amazon and other sites and the prices run about $20 for 8gb and $45 for 16gb. I've been using the Ultra II 8gb card for over a year now on my GO 630 without any problems. I've used the card for both the NA 2gb map alone and running the app and map combined.

HTH,

Ask a Question