RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver for 140S IQ Routes - Looking for Advice

App version is 9.053 (I don't see a later one offered to me). Map is older; it's version 835.2460.

The receiver works on the 335 that it came with, but not on the 140S. I suspected that perhaps the 140S did not support Traffic, but according to the post that I see from astan above, it works for others. I am unable to tune manually, as it doesn't even recognize that a receiver is attached.

In another thread here, I was told that the receiver I own is not the correct one for the 140S. So, what receiver works with the 140S?

The TomTom part number for the US RDS-TMC Traffic adapter that works with the 140S is 4V00.084.
I've been using it for two years with my 140S. I bought it for about $80 which included a one year subscription.
When I looked online they can be had for $70. The most common picture is misleading in that it shows two of them.

The TomTom part number for the US RDS-TMC Traffic adapter that works with the 140S is 4V00.084.
I've been using it for two years with my 140S. I bought it for about $80 which included a one year subscription.

What does the subscription cover? I thought that once you had the receiver it would continue to pick up traffic. Does it stop functioning when the subscription ends?

Ask a Question