RBCRoyalBank ??? Please

I would love to have this as a POI - and really for all 5 major banks in canada - this way its much easier to navigate obviously! :)

Thank You!

I would be interested in RBC POIs for ATM's (not branches) as well.

I found branches are already on my one XL, but not all the individual ATMs (like in the gas station near my home).

Is there a way to pull the data from individual websites as well? I wouldn't mind to be able to get it to be able to update regularly.

I found an Royalbank ATM POI file.

I have converted it to ov2 and made several corrections in:

GTA (Greater Toronto Area)
London, ON
401 between Toronto & Hwy 416
A couple in Ottawa (I didn;t do alot of driving while there)

Attachments

• RBC_ATM 2008-02-19.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 416
Another Idea

I was thinking of another option that would be interesting to try. As Google has online documents that allow many users to collaborate to create 1 finished document, we could create one for the Royal Bank locations. As users we are scattered across the country, and often either know or can get the locations of POI's in our own cities, we can contribute them to this one file. I will try to use the file from above to create a start, and then others could add additional locations to the google file, and then every 2 weeks or month I could post an updated tomtom POI file.
Let me know what you think.

Royal Bank was my client at one time. We used to have a database with all of their ATM addresses in it. It might be outdated (if I can find it at all), but I'll see what I've got.
That should save some time for you.

I'll see if I can find the database, then I'll ask what specific address info is needed.

I would be interested in RBC POIs for ATM's (not branches) as well.

I found branches are already on my one XL, but not all the individual ATMs (like in the gas station near my home).

Is there a way to pull the data from individual websites as well? I wouldn't mind to be able to get it to be able to update regularly.

I made this file, attached, using data pulled from the Royal Bank website. I placed it on tomtom.com as well.

I shall not be maintaining this file, so please get the latest version from tomtom.com

Attachments

• Royal_Bank_Of_Canada_RBC_ATMs.zip
    76.6 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Rbc Poi

I hate to refer someone to another site, but if you go to poifriend.com, you can get the official RBC POI's (ATM's, Branch Locations, and RBC Insurance locations) for Canada and the US. It is available for TOMTOM there. just look under 'official' on the left side menu.

Surge

I hate to refer someone to another site, but if you go to poifriend.com, you can get the official RBC POI's (ATM's, Branch Locations, and RBC Insurance locations) for Canada and the US. It is available for TOMTOM there. just look under 'official' on the left side menu.

Surge
Thanks, I found it myself, after I had produced my own file. It has a lot of duplicate entries and is missing apostrophes. I'm sticking with my own file for now. Thanks for the heads up though.

Ask a Question