Ran out of memory

TomTom Model(s)
Go 930t. & go 950 live
Hi all, I'm new to this so please be gentle with me. Problem is I've just bought a new go 950 live and have tried to update the units maps to latest version, but it gets to about half way through updating and stops with an error saying , not enough free space need to remove 85.6mb. Do I need to remove old maps first or does it install over the top of the old ones.? It's just out of the box and I didn't think I would have problems this early on in it's life
Thanks Kenny.

No... you will have this issue.... The combined size of the latest US and Europe maps are bigger than the 4GB internal memory of the Go950.

Western_and_Central_Europe v880.3810 = 2497.5MB according to Home
North America v880.3810 = 1796.4MB

The simplest answer is to move one of the maps onto a micro SD card.

I suggest you move the US map as you could buy a smaller card (2GB rather than 4GB). Move the US map onto the card by simply cut and pasting the entire "North America" folder from one location to the other using Windows Explorer.

Then update the Europe map.
Then update the US map

(If you are getting the maps from the Latest Map Guarantee, then you need to switch to th US map before connectiing to Home, in order for Home to offer it to you.

Note: There are a lot of 2GB cards around that are SLOW (Class 2). To the OP - even the U.S. map keeps growing. I'd stuff in a 4GB, but as Andy says, a 2GB will fit the U.S. data for now. Just be sure you look for a Class 6 card so as not to slow the unit down. Less than Class 6 has been shown to slow things. Class 10 is probably overkill.

Ask a Question