Quick GPS Fix

When I connect my 920 to Tom Tom Home, it doesn't list the QuickGpsFix as being an available download, I know that I haven't downloaded it yet. My 920 is only about a week old, and I haven't downloaded anything for it yet. This is how I download the quickfix info for my girlfriend's One, is there a different procedure for the 920?
The only available updates are the safety camera updates for Europe, and the new firmware update to 7.481.

I went to my device's directory and the "ephem" folder doesn't exist.

Reset the device. www.tomtom.com/7134

Restart your PC.

Open your my documents folder, open the tomtom folder, then the home folder. Delete the downloads and from device folders.

Open TTH without the unit connected to the PC.

Select "Update My Device"

When prompted, connect you unit and power it up.

Ignore any errors, such as component return failure,or restart your TomTom messages by clicking on back or OK. they will go away.

This should force the QuickGPS Fix to come in.

:D

Thanks, I found the ephemeris folder and deleted it, then the quickfix popped up in the downloads list. I didn't know the ephemeris folder was listed under the TomTom files on my computer, I first checked for it on my device. I guess I really am a newbie.
The downloads list on TTHome lists voice updates and safety camera updates for Europe, should I bother downloading these, if not is there a way to prevent them from popping up every time so I don't have to go through the whole list unchecking everything?

I tried this solution without joy. I called customer support and they had me find a folder on my computer named ?/TomTom/HOME which I renamed HOME2. I then restarted TomTom Home and I got quickGPS fix updates. A new HOME folder was created and I deleted HOME 2. All's right with the world!

Ask a Question