questions about speed limit warnings

is there a way to make it ignore the set limit, if a speed limit is available?

can I change it so that it warns at 10 above, instead of 5 above?

If there is a way, I have yet to find it and really doubt it can now be done. It can be annoying as there are roads where nearly nobody observes the speed limit... I was even surprised to see Metropolitain Blvd being at 70 km/h and thought it was in error but started paying attention to the signs and yes it is at 70!

Sure, just tap on the map screen, select Change preferences, Safety preferences, deselect Warn when driving faster than allowed, press Done, and then respond to the remaining prompts according to your preferences.

We are talking about a 920/920T here, right?

Sure, just tap on the map screen, select Change preferences, Safety preferences, deselect Warn when driving faster than allowed, press Done, and then respond to the remaining prompts according to your preferences.

We are talking about a 920/920T here, right?

Perhaps I was not clear. When there is no speed limit known for a road (i.e. most non-highways) I want it to use the "warn when over set speed" warning. (which I keep set at 45) -- but if there is a known speed limit for a road (i.e. I am on a highway, and the tomtom knows, and displays that the speed limit is 65) -- then I want the tomtom to automatically realise, that it should no longer beep at the "set speed" (45 in my case) -- and should only do speed warnings based on the known speed limit

Also when you have it set to beep when going faster "than allowed" it beeps at 5 over -- and I would like to be able to change that to 10 over if possible.

Yes 920T

Ask a Question