Question on how to use gps and cb through same headset

TomTom Model(s)
go720
I ride a motorcycle and have a Midland cb and would like to be able to hear both my cb and the gps(720) over the same headset. Is this workable and what would it take to to make it work?

I would also like to be able to disconnect the cb or gps and use only one unit at any given time without a lot of work.

Thanks,
Texasdrifter

Some time ago Radio Shack, as well as other companies, offered a switch that would do just what you are asking. Assuming the audio plugs matched, it would be no problem. With all the adapters available today it is still manageable. You are looking for two in and one out. The switch I used could be used for either two in or two out so you could select either source or output. You might also try one of the local electronics shops. I never like to provide links I cannot verify but if you google "audio swtiches" you will find a vast number. Let us know if you work out the problem.

Thanks for the reply, I rode today and used my earbuds for the gps and used a shoulder speaker/mike for the cb which worked ok, but I'll check out RadioShack tomorrow and see what they have.

Thanks again,
Texasdrifter

Ask a Question