Question for AVN2210p owners

I have a couple questions for anyone out there who owns an Eclipse AVN2210p w/ TomTom PND built in. I just purchased and installed mine last weekend, but am not entirely convinced I connected the speed pulse wire correctly. I had a hard time finding any information on where exactly the wire I needed to connect it to was (I have an '03 Ford Ranger). I think I figured it out (see this link for details http://www.rangerpowersports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218338&highlight=vss+wire) but I have no real way of testing whether or not I did it right. Unplugging the antenna while driving is out because I can't reach behind the unit when it's installed. I tried driving into my parking garage and driving around where I knew there was no signal, but once I entered the garage and turned the corner the GPS signal was lost and the map went gray and didn't move until it got a signal again. Not sure if this means the speed pulse wire isn't working correctly or not. I was hoping someone else who has the same unit could give me some insight on both whether or not I have it hooked up correctly, or an easy way to test whether or not I do.

Also, when installing the unit I noticed there was a pink wire on the wiring harness that was not mentioned anywhere on the install instructions. Literally nowhere do they say anything about it and on the pictures it isn't there. I have no idea what this wire is for so I didn't hooked it up, but I'm curious if anyone else happens to know what this extra pink wire is used for. It's on the main harness plug if that helps anyone.

Thank in advance to anyone out there who can lend a hand, I appreciate it.

Cut the pink wire - always cut the pink wire :D

Kidding...

You'll probably have to contact support at http://www.eclipse-web.com/contact/index.html

here are the two email addresses I found for them:

Tech Support
(Product knowledge, Problem trouble shooting)
(e-mail address removed)
AVN, AVX Support
(Navigation support, AVX model support)
(e-mail address removed)

Good luck,

Chuck

Greetings!

I'm curious to know if you've discovered anything helpful about your question. I have an eclipse unit also, and terminated the mysterious pink wire, after finding absolutely no documentation of it's existence anywhere... very frustrating in a DIY install situation. I can't seem to notice any adverse effects so far, but I also don't regularly log a lot of miles. Does anyone know?

The pink is usually used to connect to the e-brake or bypass, but since this unit doesn't have a need for a bypass it might just be a standard cable they use.

As for the speed sensor, best way is just going to be pulling the cable. It really isn't needed though as many indash navs don't even bother with it. I know on my car the wire was labeled with tiny text and the color was almost the same.

I had my 2210 installed by a local shop and they terminated off the pink wire. I didn't ask about it, but I have no usage issues (other than dimmer doesn't work because my Jetta doesn't have more than one dimmer wire).

Excellent. I just bought the AVN-2210p at CircuitCity on Black Friday as an early Christmas present. My wife is letting me play with the PND, but I'm not installing the head unit until Christmas.

Anyway, I've been trying to prepare the wiring so that I'm ready to go after Christmas. I was wondering about the pink wire, and now I know I can just terminate it.

Cheers!

Ask a Question