Question about Volume at 100% in TT720

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 720
With about half the battery left (TT not connected to the car charger), I changed the Volume Preference (I un-ticked the box there - Link Volume to noise level) and cranked up the volume to 100%. When the TomTom started giving directions, I noticed that the Speaker was cracking up badly.
I then connected TomTom to power source (Car Charger) and with the same Volume settings, noticed that the Speaker was not cracking but seemed like the Audio Amp was drawing a lot of power and the screen brightness was flickering as the prompts were given.
Can someone confirm that this is there with all the TomTom go 720 or is it just my device.

The battery meter in tomtom is not as accurate as it could have been and therefore you see the results like you mentioned. So the answer is yes at 100% volume, all of us have experienced crackling to some extent at lower battery levels. Some people are worst off than others but it happens to most at low battery levels.

Just leave your device plugged in and lower the volume to about 80%. Run it thru your car speakers if you have to. HTH:)

Mine does it too. If I leave it on batt and set the power level to 100% it crackles when the batt gets low so it's not just your unit. I have no problem with the volume set to 75% so I leave it there.

Thanks for the replies. I wanted to confirm that it is not a defect with my unit, now I know. It is also good to know that the battery level is not accurate.
I usually have the Link Volume to Noise Level option ticked and then have the volume to 90%, I did not have problems with it (though occational cracking if I put it to 95%).

The current batch of TT GO 930's do this as well. Also the battery lasts no longer then about 2.5 hours on the 930, both issues have been reported many times to TT US Support. I was told this the last time I called.

~B

Ask a Question