Quarterly Map Updates

I subscribed (in Jan) to the quarterly updates and was allowed to download the current map at that time. It is now 08/09 and there have been no updates and my subscription year is now 3/4 over. Is this a TomTom ripoff or am I missing something

You will definitely need to call support at 866-486-6866 to get this problem resolved.

You should have received a new map on or about May 17th and a new map is due in a couple ofweeks.

So should I go ahead and sign up for the updates before the new map comes out? I'm currently at the lated using the LMG.

If I were at day 25, 26 latest of the LMG, I'd go ahead now......while the 3 month date would be August 17th, that doesn't mean TomTom will be dead on with a new map on that date.

Is there any way to download the latest maps to my PC without having my device connected?

I purchased the Map Update Service a few months ago and have gotten one update. But something has gone wrong with my device so that it will no longer connect to Windows XP, so I cannot update the device using TomTom HOME. And TomTom refuses to refund the unused portion of the subscription or do anything else for me since the device is slightly more than a year old.

At this point, I cannot recommend TomTom products to anyone for any purpose.

ACRider. Do a hard reset on your TT. Power off, stick a pin in the pinhole reset under the unit and leave it pressed. Press the on button and keep both pressed 5-10 seconds, release all and wait a few minutes then, power button pressed until it comes back up, usually 1-2 seconds. That should fix it.

Last edited:
So the updates usually come out about every three months then, correct? I still have my map guarantee for about three weeks and if a new map comes out within that time frame, I'd like to use the guarantee instead and wait to purchase the update service.

That's a wise plan......

Wait until about day 25 or 26 latest of your 30-day window before grabbing whatever is the latest.

Based upon nothing, I really think you'll see a new map within 14 days.

I hope it's not 14 days.... we're leaving on vacation on Monday, driving from New Brunswick to Niagara Falls.... would feel better to know I have the latest map. TomTom, are you listening? ;)

What time Monday? :)

Seriously, the last release was May 17th. TT is rarely dead on the day but I would look for a release within a few days ..........

Likely leaving early morning....

No biggie one way or the other. We'll be taking the laptop with us so my get the update will in a hotel anyway.

I seriously doubt you'll see many changes, if any, for the route you'll be travelling in a new map over the current one you have.

They work, yes but we get screwed in that the pay servers we have to go through are in the Netherlands and, as such, we get nailed with an additional 20% VAT tax. The exchange rate charged for Euros and if it had been US dollars is pretty fair, it's just the tax that's the issue.

Even setting your country to the United States doesn't seem to rectify the issue.

Arrived in the Falls early this morning... no issues with maping but there are a few POIs that need updating.... Canadian Tire location somewhere in Quebec is no longer in business and a Tim Horton's location in Niagara Falls is MIA as well.

Glad I don't have to drive in this traffic every day.... I'll take the sleepy maritimes thank you very much. :)

Just so you know......

You can go to Tim Horton's web site and download a complete (updated) poi file for every Tims in North America!! :D

Even with the updated Tim Horton's POI list, what's entered in the list is the address, not the coordinates so, if the map itself is not accurate with addresses, that won't help.

Near my place, there's a Tim apparently all alone in a field... It's actually about 1km south of where the map places it. If you don't see it where the map tell you to look, drive up and down the same street and you'll likely see it. It's not always the case but it's often true. Same goes with any location or POI entered with it's address.

Ask a Question