Quality of TomTom

Hi All,

I purchased a TomTom XL340 less than 1 month ago, and have used it a couple of times, which I was very impressed with the navigation system. Very easy to use. The problem I have is yesterday I had it resting on a set of drawers that is about a metre high, and it fell from there onto the capet and managed to crack the screen down the left hand side! This seems very strange to me that the screen would be that sensitive and just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?

TomTom are refusing to replace it as it is a screen crack (and want to charge me almost what i paid for it to replace the screen, so not worth it) but it just seems like a fault that shouldnt have happened. I would understand if I dropped it onto the road or concrete but from half a metre to the carpet! I just would have expected a higher quality control system from one of the leading brands! Seems like for something like this it would be a one-off quality control issue.

Anyway just interested if anyone else has had similar problems with the screen cracking easily?

Cheers,
Michelle

Ask a Question