Purpose of "Prepare Route A B" option?

TomTom Model(s)
Go 2535 Live, XXL 540 TM
Hi,

Just switched from a Garmin to a Tomtom XXL 540 TM, and am liking it very much so far.

Question: On the Main Menu, page 2 there is a "Prepare Route A B" option. What is the point of that option? When would I use it? It doesn't seem to provide any way to save the route generated, so why would I ever use "Prepare Route" instead of "Navigate To"?

thanks,
Elliott

It can be handy to pre-plan a route with no GPS fix, it also lets you plan a route from any location on the map to anywhere else on the map, the normal Nav To option will always go from your current GPS location or wait for a GPS fix prior to planning the route, AtoB planning doesn't need the fix as you stipulate the start and end points of a trip, for example you might want to know how far it is from Glasgow to London without even being in the UK - Mike

Ok, thanks Mike, that makes some sense, I think I was assuming that would/could be done with the itinerary builder function.

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I am planning a trip I will use it to show me how long the trip should take for the date and time I am planning to leave. With the IQ routes it gives a pretty good idea of how long the trip will actually take and I adjust my time for leaving from that.

Its main function is pre-planning routes.
For example, let say, you are now sitting at home in Boston, you have a vacation next week in Orlando. You plan to go to see your pal who's in next town and you want to see how far/long from your hotel in Orlando to your pal home.

Ask a Question