Purchasing a GO 950 Live in the UK and using it in the US?

I'm looking to purchase a GO 950 Live from Expansys. They deliver to the US.

Is there anything that would keep me from being able to use 100% of the GO 950 Live's feature / functions here in the US?

Since the 950 is not offered in the US, I'd doubt the Live services functionality would work. You can call support at 866-486-6866 to confirm, though.

Since the the North_America map is offered.for the 950 in the UK it could most likely be that Live Services will be non-functional over here, as dhn said.

I have seen a recent post on PGPSW where a 940 Live purchased in the UK did actually work while in America see Here for more details - Mike

I saw that post and it wasn't so clear as to whether LIVE traffic doesn't work altogether, or whether it can process the American non-HD LIVE service.

They're probably different traffic servers. When LIVE traffic in Europe has an outage, only American PLUS traffic has the same outage. American LIVE traffic is on a different outage schedule, thus I assume they're different servers.

All the "official" roaming in Europe is on the Vodafone network. In the US, Tomtom is not roaming on Vodafone (Verizon) since it is different technology. They are instead roaming on AT&T. Tomtom might be paying a large data bill to support US roaming, so even if it does work now, there's a chance Tomtom could block it if too many users use the service and it starts costing Tomtom $$.

If LIVE traffic works roaming in the US, it may be a reason for me to import a 940 from Europe. It would have the best of all the TT features currently offerred anywhere (except screen size).

Ask a Question