purchased Iberia map but cant use it ??? yet??

Well I live in Philadelphia and Im going to Portugal in a few weeks so I thought Id bring along my GO720 and use it to get around. I just purchased the Iberia map and it seemed to process fine, download fine, install fine. I even see it on the TomTom when I look in with windows explorer and also with " Show contents of my Go" in Home. I even got emails from TomTom saying they received my payment and they emailed me an invoice.
SO, i thought i would operate my tomtom and test it out to see if the map of Portugal would work BEFORE I get over there. Obviously im not there yet but I thought if i were to just make up a simple itinerary from Lisbon to Estoril, it would atleast let me choose Portugal from the states/country list, but I dont see it. I dont see Iberia or Spain either. How do I know if this map is going to work when I get over there? Especially since I paid $59 for it.
Will my TomTom auto switch to the Iberia map when i get there?
thanks

Last edited:
First, go to Preference-->Manage Maps--> and select Portugal

Instead of a itinerary, try the Advanced Planning function. Just do a starting point as the city centre from one city and destination the city centre of a second city.

Then you should be able to see the route getting planned and you can see a demo of the route, etc.

THANK you so much. You just saved my trip to Portugal. Phewww!!!!! It all worked fine like you said.

Ask a Question