PS going haywire randomly - like I am pressing on screen

So My tomtom just started going haywire randomly. Kinda like I am touching the screen, but I am not touching it at all.

I have for a while now, had some problems with the touch-screen - in that the browse map mode, does not work well. Like when I would try to tap the screen to select a point -- often the map would just jiggle, like I had dragged on the screen. And when I try to drag the map, it just does not work well -- seems like the touchscreen is "getting bad reception" is the best way I can think of to say it. --- But yea -- I have had this problem for a while, and just mostly ignored it, because I don't use the browse map function much, and the touchscreen worked good enough for regular button pressing. -- Not sure if this has anything to do with the current, new problem though.

Do you have ascreen protector? If so, that may be the problem. Over time, they shring and add pressure to the glass, like a finger tapping.

Other symptoms include a loss of gps signal and also possible is dirt under the bezel. Use a sharp thin cardboard like a piece of business card and slide it slowly around the perimeter of the glass.

A pin reset wouldn't hurt either.

No screen protector....

I used a business card around the bezel. Got a little bit of dust/dirt out. That seems to have stopped to haywireness, and maybe even helped the browse map thing some.

I can now get it to drag well, as long as I apply medium/hard pressure.

Selecting points on the map can still be weird -- but mostly toward the middle of the screen.

If I drag the point I want to select towards the edge, and then tap there -- seems to work fine.

When I try to tap a point in the middle though, the map just jitters, like I pressing my finger, and moved it back and forth real quick, and then picked it back up.

Thanks though!!! It is still working MUCH better now!! :D

Ask a Question