Proud 910 Newbie Big Shout

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
Hello Fellows! Great site for the US ppl for once. Start to learn great deal of stuff on my lovely, yet new GO 910.

Q: How come the 910 cannot determine and Text to Speech the location by saying Right or Left side, like the Magellan 2200/3050? Did I not setup the Go correctly?

Q: How can I upload any .ov2 POI file onto the HD of the Go?

Appreciate all the Yoda Masters' help! Peace.

Welcome ultra man. Congrats on the purchase.

1. I don't think I've notice this. I've always heard it say you have reached your desination and not tell you its right or left. I have seen on the map point the direction of the determined side.

2. copy/unzip the POI (.ov2) files in to your North America folder in your tomtom. Use windows explorer to do this.

I think Pedro's right. The map display indicates the side of the road but voice won't. Good idea though.

Hi and welcome from another newbie!

Hmm, a friend of mine's PDA navigation system does say which side "Destination left side" or right side.

Good catch on the arrow though. I didn't notice that it pointed in the direction of the destination.

Ultraman

Hello Fellows! Great site for the US ppl for once. Start to learn great deal of stuff on my lovely, yet new GO 910.

Q: How come the 910 cannot determine and Text to Speech the location by saying Right or Left side, like the Magellan 2200/3050? Did I not setup the Go correctly?

Q: How can I upload any .ov2 POI file onto the HD of the Go?

Appreciate all the Yoda Masters' help! Peace.

Hi Ultraman,
Don't dispare Newbie, or Pro were all in this together to help eachother. I know a friend who is a newbie but knows more than me and helps alot. Contribute by asking questions and giving ideas!
Regards,
George

Ask a Question