Problems with TT710 after updates

TomTom Model(s)
GO710
Hi to all,
I have never had any problems with my 710, when new I copied the contents of the SD card to a larger capacity card, the original is my backup.
But, since getting new updates this year thru TT home I have had problems which I can only assume is caused by the updates.
(1) the unit no longer shuts down automatically, (2) no longer have a "Clear Route" option, (3) get a "Cannot find maps" when I connect to tt home for updates (4) today I tried to do a backup and got a message saying "Your unit, software and operating system are not compatible".
Have decided the only way out is to go back to the original SD card but before I do I would like to save my favourites and poi data but not sure where to find them, any help would be appreciated.

Your favourites will be in a file called mapsettings.cfg within the specific map folder on your unit. It used to always work that you could copy that file from a backup to the new map and get all your settings back. Not so much with recent firmware updates. If it doesn't work (you'll know if your unit doesn't boot properly but just starts looping, then you can download poi edit from poiedit.com, load a backed up mapsettings.cfg file into it, see all your favourites listed, save each listing as a specific poi point and put them all in a custom poi category you create (like 'myfavourites.ov2).

To the second point.... just copy all your custom ov2 files from the old map folder to the new one. That WILL work.

BUT, as to why you are having issues in the first place....have you tried a reset of the unit? Uninstalling and reinstalling the application? Are you trying to use a sdhc card in at unit when it only s/b a sd card?

Ask a Question