Problems with tripmaster 1.8

Just installed this and had a couple questions for it.

1. It seems like it runs really slow, like i click a button and then it does that thing in the next 2 - 5 seconds. Is this normal, or is something wrong.

2. The compass doesn't seem to be working. it's always point north, no matter where i point it. I think this is a problem with regular tom tom function as well, i turned the compass on one day and it always pointed north, so i turned it off. any ideas on that?

Just installed this and had a couple questions for it.

1. It seems like it runs really slow, like i click a button and then it does that thing in the next 2 - 5 seconds. Is this normal, or is something wrong.

2. The compass doesn't seem to be working. it's always point north, no matter where i point it. I think this is a problem with regular tom tom function as well, i turned the compass on one day and it always pointed north, so i turned it off. any ideas on that?

Tripmaster dores move slowly. As far as the compass goes you need to see whether your trip is set for auto, bicycle, walking, etc. If it is set for auto you need to start driving and the compass should work correctly. Your TT is receiving a signal from satellites. If it is in a stationary spot you can turn it all you like and the compass will not change. Your coordinates need to change and the compass will respond to the change in coordinates as you move.

I just installed TripMaster 1.8 last night, and yes, there is a slow response time. I find that I cannot change the time setup for local time, unless I'm doing something wrong, when I finally get to the page with the time setting and press the screen all I get is a blank snowy screen. Fortunately, if the back button position is pushed you can get back to the clear previous screen.
This is a neat app for useless info if you do not need the TT directions :p

I just installed TripMaster 1.8 last night, and yes, there is a slow response time. I find that I cannot change the time setup for local time, unless I'm doing something wrong, when I finally get to the page with the time setting and press the screen all I get is a blank snowy screen. Fortunately, if the back button position is pushed you can get back to the clear previous screen.

- on a GPS, direction is only available if you move. In a stationery position, it can be any but wrong.

- current testing on the v2b4 version have shown me that a call to Tomtom API is certainly the reason of Tripmaster slow response with v7 Navcore. I will issue this evening a v2b5 version that will not use any more this function.

- input virtual keyboard is managed directly by Tomtom function call, so I can fix the scrambling problem on this screen. I'm currently working to rewrite all the graphical interface, but you must be patient. May be, I will issue an intermediate version with button-slider instead of input zone for some usual configuration parameters.

- on a GPS, direction is only available if you move. In a stationery position, it can be any but wrong.

- current testing on the v2b4 version have shown me that a call to Tomtom API is certainly the reason of Tripmaster slow response with v7 Navcore. I will issue this evening a v2b5 version that will not use any more this function.

- input virtual keyboard is managed directly by Tomtom function call, so I can fix the scrambling problem on this screen. I'm currently working to rewrite all the graphical interface, but you must be patient. May be, I will issue an intermediate version with button-slider instead of input zone for some usual configuration parameters.

Thanks a lot, roussillat. I appreciate the work that you are putting into the tripmaster program to get it operational on Nav 7. I will be watching for your threads.

thanks for the info and thanks for making this program in general. these are functions that TomTom should have built into the devices in the first place...

You can manually edit the configuration file and fix the timezone that way in a text editor.

The file is config.txt and may be located in your tripmaster folder.

Following are the first number of lines, ending with the one you need to change:

[Log files parameters]
trackperiod 60
trackdistance 2
trackcourse 45
trackformat itn
tracksaving new
logfilename none
autologging no
records long
[Other parameters]
language english.lng
units english
colorscheme night
gmtoffset -8

gmtoffset is the value of the timezone. I'm US Pacific which is -8

Yes, thank you roussillat for your work and improvements on tripmaster and look forward to any new releases.

Thank you for the info F22, I will try the config edit with a GMT of -5 Eastern Time.

Ask a Question