Problems with the internal memory of my One LE! Please Help

I bought a Tomtom One LE this weekend and have been trying to update it and have the newest map to finally leave it in my car and use it.

But whenever I try to download somethign and install it into my One, I get an error such as ""Installation file does not exist" when I try to do a quick fix update or "An error has occured while using this file: L:\Guam\Retail_Stores.ov2" when I try to get a free retail store POI update. besides other similar things.

I think some files on my tomtom are damaged or something? Besides that, the actual unit works but quite a few streets by my house don't appear at all on the map it came installed with, so I really want to update it to the new map, but it won't let me =/

I've tried uninstalling the Home software and installing the version right from the website but to no avail.

Any help?

Hey Bert,

What version of Home are you running, and what are your map versions and software versions on the tomtom. With all the updates, you should be at the following:

Home....Version 2.1
US maps.....Version 710.1575
Software ....Version 7.161

shoot me a PM if you need some help and I will do what I can...

webracin

I'm using V 2.1 of Home
USA_and_Canada map V 705.1481
and App 7.161

I think some files in my One might be damaged. COuld that be it? If so, is there qany waay to "format" the unit to the way it was right when I got it, and then try updates again?

Only if you backed up the files before you tried to upload.

I just looked at my backup, and I dont have any .ov2 files in the Guam folder. I do have a bunch in the US&Canada folder. When I updated to the new map, I deleted the Guam folder since I will not be going there anytime soon (freed up some space for more POI's in my area).

webracin

So if I format the internal memory of my One, there is no way to get the files back that it came standard with? I know the maps cost money, but I do have that 30 day free update map guarantee.

I would call Customer Service at this point as suggested. They may have a place you can download the apps and maps at no charge....

webracin

Ask a Question