Problems with exits

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL350TM
Hello
Is it possible to return to the old version of the map and the browser? If yes, how do I do? I have a lot of problems since the update of the card 855 and the application 9150. Example: voice no longer reports the highway exits that I must take. The voice points out to me only when I'm in the highway exit. It's very late. In town all goes well.

TT XL 350TM

Thank you all.

Did you do a full backup of your unit before you updated your map? If so, you can restore from your backup. That's one way we can return you to 850.

Did you receive 850 as an update to an earlier map? If so, it's on your PC still and could be restored. That's another way we can return you go 850.

Did you do a full backup of your unit before you updated your map? If so, you can restore from your backup. That's one way we can return you to 850.

Did you receive 850 as an update to an earlier map? If so, it's on your PC still and could be restored. That's another way we can return you go 850.

Yes I did. Is it going to restore the application from 9.150 to 9.103?

Does anyone have the same problem for highway exits?

Thank you again.

Yes I did. Is it going to restore the application from 9.150 to 9.103?
The map and application are separate, and would deal with the application separately.

Did you use your computer's normal OS to make a copy of all of the files and folders, or did you use a Home to make the copy? Also, and again, was 850 also an upgrade like 855, or did you start out with 850 on your unit?

Last - you say the spoken directions are late ... is the indication of your position on the map also late, or is it just the voice lagging behind your indicated map position that's the problem?

The map and application are separate, and would deal with the application separately.

Did you use your computer's normal OS to make a copy of all of the files and folders, or did you use a Home to make the copy? Also, and again, was 850 also an upgrade like 855, or did you start out with 850 on your unit?

Last - you say the spoken directions are late ... is the indication of your position on the map also late, or is it just the voice lagging behind your indicated map position that's the problem?

1.I made my backup with Home.
2.I'm not sure I think I start with 850.
3. It is just the voice lagging behind my incated map position.
4. So I used the synthetic voice. I will try with an other voice.

Thank you very much again.

OK. First, we recommend full backups with Explorer or Finder. Home doesn't always do the best job. Info on that can be found here (for the future):

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Plug your unit in and fire up Home.
Use the "Manage my Go" option.
Click on the "Items on My Computer" tab.
Select "Maps" and expand with the "+" key
For each map you see there, click on the "More info"
What version numbers do you see there?

OK. First, we recommend full backups with Explorer or Finder. Home doesn't always do the best job. Info on that can be found here (for the future):

https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

Plug your unit in and fire up Home.
Use the "Manage my Go" option.
Click on the "Items on My Computer" tab.
Select "Maps" and expand with the "+" key
For each map you see there, click on the "More info"
What version numbers do you see there?

Yes, it is 850.

Yes, it is 850.
It's good that there is an 850 there, but there should also be an 855 if you just updated to that. There is ONLY an 850?

It's good that there is an 850 there, but there should also be an 855 if you just updated to that. There is ONLY an 850?

Thank you again.
No there are 850 and 855.

As the problem occurs only with the synthetic voice, I deleted it to the device and my computer. Then I reinstalled another synthetic voice and the problem seems solved. Now the voice indicates the exits.

Hope it can help someone.

Last edited:
Thank you again.
No there are 850 and 855.

As the problem occurs only with the synthetic voice, I deleted it to the device and my computer. Then I reinstalled another synthetic voice and the problem seems solved. Now the voice indicates the exits.

Hope it can help someone.
Wow -- that's odd. What was the name of the old voice, and what is the name of the new voice?

Same problem

Just an FYI that we just noticed (9/25) the same issue with highway exits not being announced. I too just updated my XL 350. I haven't had time to try the suggested fix, but hope this resolves the issue. I have been using the computer voice Susan.

Wow -- that's odd. What was the name of the old voice, and what is the name of the new voice?
Thank you for all your help canderson.
The name of the old voice was Charlotte (french language) and the new voice is Simone.
Hope this will help.

Ask a Question