Problems with 750 Go Live - part solved

I have experienced problems with a map update on my new 750. Similar to another contributor, the device indicated that an activation code was required. Customer support suggested I try doing the install again. They later explained that they had been experiencing some server problems. A fresh download did indeed solve the activation code problem, but created another.

The second time I attempted to download the map update, TTHome indicated there was insufficient memory available on the device. Under advisement of TT CustomerSupport temprarily removed the voice folder from the device to make space for the download - this folder was 100MB (approx) in size. After the download was complete there was only 4 MB of file space remaining! The only way to re-install the voice file ws to remove a large number of Cspeech files - I understand these files contain country specific pronounciations for European map.

I suppose its on little loss if the device isn't used in tose countries - BUT - I did pay for full European coverage!

My advice is that if you want full European coverage with the latest maps you need a micro SD card as well.

Annoying!

epgs1

PS - I have to add that TT Customer Support were generally helpful - although the first agent suggested I turn off my firewall and virus scanner during the download process !!!

The csspeech files are for Voice Recognition, not for text to speech functionality.

Ask a Question