Problems since last software version update.

Model Go Live 540. Software version 8.370 which installed and updated a couple of days ago.
Since then the bluetooth connectivity will not work, ( phone is OK and works with other devices)

Also if I connect the device to my PC and select the 'Operate Your Go' option I get a message telling me that either my device, software version or PC does not support that function. It worked perfectly before the latest update.:(

Jim.

For the first issue, try a soft reset.

For the second, you'll have to wait. Operate my GO is a separate software release and is usually delayed a few days after the Tomtom app update. This one is taking a really long time.

Try resetting it by holding down the on/off button until the device restarts, also go to Change Preferences/ Bluetooth preferences and make sure the bluetooth is actually enabled, I have known occasions where software updates have turned this option to off by default on the x40 devices - Mike

Thanks for replies. I did get a reply direct from TomTom tech support. They admitted to technical problems with the latest update regarding the 'Operate My Device' with PC function.

As regards Bluetooth connectivity I tried several reboots, deleted the permissions on phone and the device and set them up again and again and eventually got it to work. I have had the device for 8 months now and ever since I have had the device it has often spontaneously rebooted as I am driving along. Whenever this happens bluetooth connection is always lost and the device then plots a route ( possibly the last one used) even though none was selected before auto reboot.

For the past two days bluetooth seems to be working OK, definitely not a problem with the phone ( Nokia N95 8GB) .

I will await the next update to see if the PC functions are restored.

Thanks again.

Jim.

I will await the next update to see if the PC functions are restored.

Typically, when Operate my GO is fixed, there is no update involved. Just try to use it every few days, and one day it will just start working.

Ask a Question