Problems installing US Maps from TT Shop

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
Shortly planning a trip to US, have bought the USA & Canda Maps from TT Shop, successfully downloaded to my PC (XP Home SP2), but attempts to install on my One XL (2gb card, plenty of space) is failing. Errror copying cline.dat, then SD card becomes inaccessible and PC restart gets blue screen. TT Support have helped, advised to unzipped files to folder then dragged and dropped to TT Drive. Didn't work directly, but got to work via separate SD card reader.

Maps were still not able to be selected, after an hour on the phone to TT support we identified anomolies in file names, with some trial and error changing names we were able to select the US map ok, able to 'Browse Map' ok, BUT no place names visible, attempts to 'Prepare Route' also failed as no places appear. TT Support rand out of ideas and were going away to talk to 2nd line.

Can someone advise on the folder titles and files names and file extensions that should be present on the TT One XL to operate successfully.

My files are all under folder titled USA_and_Canada (currently named)...

\brand (contains 93 GIF files)
cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
cphoneme.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
poi.dat
tables.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
map9051.gif
map9051-1.gif
USA_and_Canada-7.meta
USA_and_Canada-7.meta.dct
USA_and_Canada-7.toc
USA_and_Canada-7.pna

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what shoud be there

Martin

Shortly planning a trip to US, have bought the USA & Canda Maps from TT Shop, successfully downloaded to my PC (XP Home SP2), but attempts to install on my One XL (2gb card, plenty of space) is failing. Errror copying cline.dat, then SD card becomes inaccessible and PC restart gets blue screen. TT Support have helped, advised to unzipped files to folder then dragged and dropped to TT Drive. Didn't work directly, but got to work via separate SD card reader.

Maps were still not able to be selected, after an hour on the phone to TT support we identified anomolies in file names, with some trial and error changing names we were able to select the US map ok, able to 'Browse Map' ok, BUT no place names visible, attempts to 'Prepare Route' also failed as no places appear. TT Support rand out of ideas and were going away to talk to 2nd line.

Can someone advise on the folder titles and files names and file extensions that should be present on the TT One XL to operate successfully.

My files are all under folder titled USA_and_Canada (currently named)...

\brand (contains 93 GIF files)
cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
cphoneme.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
poi.dat
tables.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
map9051.gif
map9051-1.gif
USA_and_Canada-7.meta
USA_and_Canada-7.meta.dct
USA_and_Canada-7.toc
USA_and_Canada-7.pna

I would be grateful if someone could tell me what shoud be there

Martin

Here's mine:
USACanada.jpg

Don't worry about the *.ov2 and *.bmp files you see, they are just poi's I put there but I do and any files I couldn't get in my screen capture match yours anyway. But I do see files in mine that you don't have. Hope this helps.

Problems

dhn

Do your USA_and_Canada names match mine exactly (those were the ones just off the bottom of your screen dump ?

I have a lot more files in my UK Maps too where I have lots of POI, etc.

Martine

dhn

Do your USA_and_Canada names match mine exactly (those were the ones just off the bottom of your screen dump ?

I have a lot more files in my UK Maps too where I have lots of POI, etc.

Martine

Here are the rest:
USA2.jpg

Since I can't, he probably can't either. It's just a X placeholder.

Yeah, don't know what happened (actually, I do....) I'll fix in a few hours.

--------------------

Does the second shot show in my post above now? It shows for me here....(I know the first doesn't)

Last edited:
Solved

Mysteriously, I had an updated USA and Canada Maps download yesterday with a new folder names USA___Canada which I have installed (via SD card reader) and US maps are now accessible. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question