Problems after updates

Hello there.

Today i upgraded to both versions 8.351 of software and 8.15 of western europe map.
After that my 720 wouldnt boot up...i switched it on and he hanged on the tomtom logo screen... after a few seconds he reboots again... and so on... i waited some minutes and this kept repeating.

After some tries and research i formated my tomtom and installed all over...

this time all went well, but, when i go to the map selection screen and i choose the western map, it says that i cant use this map on this hardware.

I used tomtom home to do it, and in there it says that i can use it on tomtom720.

Any ideias?

Thank you

Try a pin reset on the 720. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

Are you sure you have updated today using Home and got a map version 815? if so something has gone very wrong as the current map is v830

Can you make double sure what is actually loaded by tapping the sat strength meter followed by the version box, the resultant screen will offer plenty of information about the software (Navcore) and current map. Don't use Home to check these values as it often gets it wrong, use the device on its own - Mike

dhn: Done that... Several times...

mikealder: The software version was 8.351 and the map version was 8.15.2159 ... And i cant get to the sat strengh screen... since i cant choose any map (it happened with Iberia too), it get stuck on the map selection screen. Is there any other way to check the software version?

Humm... nope... i've been to all tomtom help and no luck so far... :(

I can connect to the pc... my only problem is that i use tomtom home to update, and after the updates... kaput...

I guess a call to Portugal support is necessary:

808781222 De Segunda ? Sexta : Das 09.00 ?s 17.00 GMT

Did you purchase the unit second hand / from Ebay?

Application 8.351 can detect pirated maps, and it's possible the seller sold you a unit with a pirate map.

Ask a Question