Problems (?) after Map Update

Hello & Help! :)

For the first time I attempted to update the Maps on my 540-TM XXL ... whoa! 2 Days later I have reinstalled everything directly from my windows7 computer as the standard installs and tips did not work. (kept getting 'not enough space' errors even after deleting all the original files). I then reinstalled following the diections in the forum here: Link to install w/o using Home

My question is:

Device appears to be working, BUT, Home says the version of the app installed is for the TT XXL 530S & TTXXL TTS and all the directions are now given in meters instead of yards.
So I am concerned a config file did not load properly or I have the completely wrong version of something on the device.

Heres what the device says is installed:

App 9.061.576030.2, OS 567329
(1034, 9/15/2010)
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5279
Map 'USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P' v865.3254
Language: English US

Home says there are no more updates and the map version looks right.

Is there a way to verify I have all the right stuff on my device?

Thanks for any help on this!

In preferences, set units is on one of the screens (the last page I think). Set it for miles, not kilometers and the computer voice will adjust appropriately.

i knew there must be a setting somewhere that i was missing!

I had visited the Set Units under Preferences and it does give the option for Miles/Kilometers but it lists it as Display of those items, I tried setting and resetting the option to see if it changed anything and it didnt unfortunately... did it again now and it worked :)

thanks

We've had kilometers here in Canada for a million years it seems and I'm old school, still think in terms of miles! :)

ok, so my main concern though, from the info. posted above, is there a way for me to verify that I have the right app and maps on my device being that I had to delete and reinstall multiple times to get the map update and as described above, Home seems to be saying I have a version of the app that may/may not be right?

Thanks

the maps you have are certainly the latest.

The application version you have is also the highest numbered Navcore 9 version I have ever seen (you cannot run Navcore 10 on that model).

If it is all working, I would ignore the model names and numbers that you've seen mentioned in Home. Home is well-known for telling lies and half-truths.

THIS TomTom page says that v9.061 is for the XXL 540S so I suspect all is fine.

The UK TomTom site has a similar help page where you enter your model number and it attempts to tell you what is the latest software (often wrongly, but hey!). But I haven't found the similar page on your US site yet.

Thanks again, just after the update, somehow the graphics seemed mildly degraded... cant put my finger on exactly whats different. and some of the icons are changed. also ended up with a voice labeled as UK English, which was actualy Chinese?

But the demo routes seem to work so... I'm off!

Note to self, never update before taking a trip :)

Ask a Question