Problem with the USB cable port

So, I think the place where my cable goes in my TT one XL is loose cause it charges/connects to computer only if i press it (and hold it) to certain position. The green light then turns on. If I don't touch the cable the green light is off or dimmed. I changed the cable but the problem remained, so it should be inside the GPS.
I haven't opened it yet, but I'm going to. It is out of warranty.
I just thought someone else could have the same problem and could give me an advice.
Thanks

Had the same problem but unit was replaced under warranty. Doesn't really help you tho does it. :rolleyes: Apparently it's caused by the unit falling off the dash with the charger attached, which I blame on the shoddy suction mount.

I'd take it to a mobile phone (cell phone for you guys) repairer who'd probably do it on the spot.

If you handy with a soldering iron, I'd bet you can pop off the 4 screws on the back and just re-solder the broken connection.

Ive had that happen a lot with mobile electronics. Its often an easy fix. (Laptop, cellphones, Radar units)

Take your time and do it on a well lit surface with a small clean work space.

I often wonder why manufacturers don't add some reinforcement epoxy to the connector at the base of the PC boards to prevent flexing.

Thanks guys,
Now I have to find where they sell soldering iron, since i recently moved to the USA (and it's been "mobile phones" before that :) ).
I thought about buying it but i didn't know what's the word for it. :))
That will help me a lot with my mp3 player that has loose port to the headphones.
And I beleive that the reason for my GPS to break was falling down with the cable plugged in. The mount just refused to do it's job some days.

Thanks

Ask a Question