Problem with RDS-TMC

TomTom Model(s)
Go 720T
My TT730 cant recognize the RDS-TMC reciever, I have also sent one TT730 to TomTom in Holland for repair, and they just switch to another unit. When I first tried the "new" TT730 it worked with the RDS-TMC reciever. But when I placed it in my car, I couldnt connect to the RDS-TMC reciever. I have tried to reset the TT730, and restored the software, but nothing helps. Anyone who had a idea of a solution of this???

When I first tried the "new" TT730 it worked with the RDS-TMC reciever. But when I placed it in my car, I couldnt connect to the RDS-TMC reciever.
How did you 'try' the RDS-TMC receiver before you installed the unit in your car? One of the guys here from the UK can no doubt set me straight, but which version of RDS-TMC do you have? The one with the separate "Y" connection for the RDS unit and power to the GPS, or the version where the RDS unit is just a little oval bubble in the cable between the car adapter and the unit?

Last, what sequence are you using to connect things in the vehicle once you have the key in the on position?

I have the version where the RDS unit is just a little oval bubble in the cable between the car adapter and the unit.

I have tried in other sequence but it doesnt matter. The GPS indiicates that the RDS-TMC reciever is not connected.

I had a similar issue with mine and I found that the connector was not fully seated. This was when I had just got the unit and I was treating it with kid gloves. You should hear it click into place. Good luck.

Yes i hear a click and I coludnt get get the connector any deeper. And I have the same problem with the "old" the device that I sent for service to Holland, and they switch it to another unit, and when i get the new TT730, it recognized the GPS-TMC. But after I have installed all updates from TomTom Home it NOT recognize the RDS-TMC. But I have tried to restore a older installation of the software and cant get any connection. I think it is a software issue, but I have tried in all ways but it will not work.

Ask a Question